Ages 11-20’s | No Audition Required | Sundays, October 31 – December 12 | 11 AM – 1 PM | Cost: 675.00
Payment Plans Available – please call our office at 212.315.3010 or email us to set up a payment plan today!
Instructor: Broadway Actress, Whitney Sprayberry (SPIDERMAN: TURN OFF THE DARK, JAGGED LITTLE PILL)
Are you getting a callback but not booking a role? Auditioning for a musical is more than just singing 16 or 32 bars. Learn the ins and outs of the full musical theatre audition experience, from the vocal audition to the dance call!
Learn the techniques that can help you nail your auditions!
In this 6-week class, actors will work on the three major components of the audition process: singing, dancing, and acting.
Our first class will be a mock audition, each student will perform a song cut so our instructors can become familiar with your vocal abilities and your personality.
After we have run through everyone’s audition cut, your Broadway instructor will lead the class in a mock dance audition!
Throughout the 6-week class, we’ll make recommendations and hone a new song cut that you can add to your repertoire!
Focus of Class:
• Sing and receive individual feedback and coaching on your song cut
• Learn if your piece is a good choice for you and showcases your unique talent
• Get assigned and rehearse a brand new 32-bar cut that you can use in your next audition
• Learn how to break down a song into acting beats
• We will recreate the dance call audition experience in which actors have to quickly learn a routine and then perform it
• Learn how to put your best foot forward in auditions
Final Presentation for 5 Scouting Talent Reps:
Perform material you have honed in class for family, friends, and 5 scouting talent reps!
When: Sundays, October 31; November 7, 14, 21; Dec 5, 12** Final Showcase (No Class on November 28th in Observance of Thanksgiving Holiday)
Time:11AM – 1PM
Where: Ripley-Grier Studios, 520 8th Ave