No Audition Required | High School Juniors, Seniors & Young Adults | Saturday, August 14 & Sunday, August 15 | 10 AM – 6 PM Eastern | 595.00
Payment Plans Available – please call our office at 212.315.3010 or email here to set up a payment plan today!
Instructor: College Admissions Officer, Wayne Petro of Pace University
Calling junior and senior high school students and young adults with aspirations of attending a top BFA, BM, or BA Musical Theatre College Program! Email us for an age exception.
Do you need guidance on the college admissions process like, how do I go about choosing the right material that showcases me, my vocal range and my unique personality? How do I create a professional and memorable pre-screen video? Do you want to know what college admissions officers are looking for?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, ACANY’s 2-Day Pre-College Audition Intensive is for YOU!
Work all weekend alongside college admissions officer Wayne Petro of Pace University, and a professional music director to prepare for the showcase with more admissions officers Sunday! This 2-Day College Prep Intensive will leave you confident and ready to take on the daunting task of applying to college musical theatre programs!
• Kevin Kemler, Director of Fine and Performing Arts Admissions at Marymount Manhattan College
• Molly Horan, Admissions Administrator at NYU Tisch Drama
• 1 More Guest TBA!
• Day One will include multiple masterclasses with our College Pro team to get individualized feedback and coaching on your material. We’ll help you develop your existing cuts, make suggestions of new cuts if we think your material is not presenting you in the best light, give you individualized feedback on multiple pieces, and review the do’s and don’ts of college auditions!
• During our first 8 hour day, each student will have the chance to workshop two song cuts, a 16-bar and 32-bar cut, and one 90-second monologue.
• There will also be a seminar covering a variety of topics such as how do I format my resume, how do I choose the right headshot, how do I slate in my pre-screen video and in a live audition, how do I make a stellar homemade self-tape, and how do I effectively communicate with the music director, and navigate interview questions.
• On Day Two, we’ll dive right into workshopping your second monologue.
• Every student will participate in a mock dance call featuring actual choreography from a college musical theatre audition.
• Each student will have a private coaching to determine what song and monologue they will perform at our final showcase.
• To wrap up our college audition prep weekend, performers will have the amazing opportunity to perform in a showcase for 3 admissions officers from top BFA programs. The admissions officers will offer feedback and coaching to each student and everyone will leave with an evaluation form.
• The admissions officers will also participate in an informative Q&A for students and their parents!
Ages: High School Juniors, Seniors & Young Adults
When: Saturday, August 14 and Sunday, August 15
Time: 10 AM – 6 PM Eastern
Where: NYC Studio Location TBA!
While this program is scheduled to take place in-person, ACANY reserves the right to move this program to an online format due to changing COVID-19 guidelines, or if we deem it unsafe to return to the studio. All students will be guaranteed a spot in the online program should a change take place. For more information about COVID-19 and enrollment, click here!