No Audition Required | Ages 9 & Up (Email us for an age exception) | Tuesday, March 1 | Cost to Perform 165.00 | Cost to Observe 55.00
Work one-on-one with Senior Casting Director, Merri Sugarman (CSA) of Tara Rubin Casting! Tara Rubin is the casting office behind Broadway and Off-Broadway hits and National Tours such as SING STREET*, TREVOR THE MUSICAL*, DEAR EVAN HANSEN*, SIX, AIN’T TOO PROUD, ALADDIN, PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, CHASING RAINBOWS*, LES MISERABLES*, AIDA, THE BAND’S VISIT, MISS SAIGON*, SCHOOL OF ROCK*, KING KONG, FALSETTOS*, A BRONX TALE, and many other shows too numerous to mention here!
*ACANY is proud to have many students represented in the casts of these shows! You can read more on our Student Achievement Page!
SINGERS & NON-SINGERS – ACTOR’S CHOICE: Students participating in this class can choose to perform either a 32-bar cut of a musical theatre song either a cappella or with a backing track (many can be found on YouTube) OR a 1-minute monologue.
Get Merri’s expert coaching and feedback on your pieces! She will also offer her opinion on whether or not your material showcases your unique talent.
Participants will need a computer, smartphone, or tablet with a front-facing camera, and you must download the free ZOOM app to participate!
Focus of Class:
• Sing and receive individual feedback and coaching on your song cut or monologue from Tara Rubin Casting Director, Merri Sugarman
• Learn if your piece is a good choice for you and showcases your unique talent
• Learn how to break down a monologue or song into acting beats
• Learn how to put your best foot forward in auditions
• Q & A with Merri about the ins-and-outs of the business
Interested in purchasing a professional performance track? Email us your sheet music 24-48 hours in advance of the class, and we will send you a professional performance track for only $25! Purchase here!
Need a monologue? Email us after registering and we will send you one to perform!
This workshop is for educational purposes only and cannot and will not be treated as an audition.
Ages: 9 & Up (Email us for an age exception)
When: Tuesday, March 1
Time: 5:30-8 Eastern
Cost to Perform: 165.00
Cost to Observe: 55.00
3 Options for Sold Out Workshops:
• I am interested in observing the workshop with the hope that someone is a no-show and I can pay the difference and perform in class. Purchase An Observation Ticket!
• I just want to observe class. I am not interested in performing. Purchase An Observation Ticket!
• I do not want to observe. I simply want to join the wait list for full participation. Join the Wait List!