No Audition Required | High School Students & Young Adults | Saturday, September 10 & Sunday, September 11 | 10 AM – 6 PM Eastern | 595.00
Instructor: College Admissions Officer, Wayne Petro of Pace University
Calling high school students and young adults with aspirations of attending a top BFA, BM, or BA Musical Theatre College Program!
It’s never too early to start preparing for college auditions!
Do you need guidance on the college admissions process like, how do I go about choosing the right material that showcases me, my vocal range and my unique personality? How do I create a professional and memorable pre-screen video? Do you want to know what college admissions officers are looking for?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, ACANY’s 2-Day Pre-College Audition Intensive is for YOU!
Work all weekend alongside a college admissions officer, and a professional music director to prepare for the showcase with more admissions officers coming in on Sunday! This 2-Day College Prep Intensive will leave you confident and ready to take on the daunting task of applying to college musical theatre programs!
• Day One will include multiple masterclasses with our College Pro team to get individualized feedback and coaching on your material. We’ll help you develop your existing cuts, make suggestions of new cuts if we think your material is not presenting you in the best light, give you individualized feedback on multiple pieces, and review the do’s and don’ts of college auditions!
• During our first 8 hour day, each student will have the chance to workshop two song cuts, a 16-bar and 32-bar cut, and one 90-second monologue.
• There will also be a seminar covering a variety of topics such as how do I format my resume, how do I choose the right headshot, how do I slate in my pre-screen video and in a live audition, how do I make a stellar homemade self-tape, and how do I effectively communicate with the music director, and navigate interview questions.
• On Day Two, we’ll dive right into workshopping your second monologue.
• Every student will participate in a mock dance call featuring actual choreography from a college musical theatre audition.
• Each student will have a private coaching to determine what song and monologue they will perform at our final showcase.
• To wrap up our college audition prep weekend, performers will have the amazing opportunity to perform in a showcase for 3 admissions officers from top BFA programs. The admissions officers will offer feedback and coaching to each student and everyone will leave with an evaluation form.
• Participate in an informative Q&A w/ the college admin officers for students and their parents!
Ages: High School Students & Young Adults
When: Saturday, September 10 and Sunday, September 11
Time: 10 AM – 6 PM Eastern
Where: Pearl Studios, 500 8th Ave, NYC