No Audition Required | Ages 8 & Up | Thursday, May 21 | Cost to Participate 135.00 | Cost to Observe 30.00
Limited to 10 participants!
Work one-on-one with Senior Casting Director, Merri Sugarman (CSA) of Tara Rubin Casting! Tara Rubin is the casting office behind Broadway and Off-Broadway hits and National Tours such as SING STREET*, TREVOR THE MUSICAL*, DEAR EVAN HANSEN*, SIX, AIN’T TOO PROUD, ALADDIN, PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, CHASING RAINBOWS*, LES MISERABLES*, AIDA, THE BAND’S VISIT, MISS SAIGON*, SCHOOL OF ROCK*, KING KONG, FALSETTOS*, A BRONX TALE, and many other shows too numerous to mention here!
*ACANY is proud to have many students represented in the casts of these shows! You can read more on our Student Achievement Page!
SINGERS & NON-SINGERS – ACTOR’S CHOICE: Students participating in this class can choose to perform either a 32-bar cut of a musical theatre song either a cappella or with a backing track (many can be found on YouTube) OR a one minute monologue.
Get Merri’s expert coaching and feedback on your pieces! She will also offer her opinion on whether or not your material showcases your unique talent.
Participants will need a computer, smartphone, or tablet with a front facing camera, and you must download the free ZOOM app to participate!
Focus of Class:
• Sing and receive individual feedback and coaching on your song cut or monologue from Tara Rubin Casting Director, Merri Sugarman
• Learn if your piece is a good choice for you and showcases your unique talent
• Learn how to break down a monologue or song into acting beats
• Learn how to put your best foot forward in auditions
• Q & A with Merri about the ins-and-outs of the business
Interested in purchasing a professional performance track? Email us your sheet music 24-48 hours in advance of the class, and we will send you a professional performance track for only $25! Purchase here!
Need a monologue? Email us after registering and we will send you one to perform!
This workshop is for educational purposes only and cannot and will not be treated as an audition.
Ages: 8 & Up
When: Thursday, May 21
Time: 3-5 PM ET
Cost to Participate: 135.00
Cost to Observe: 30.00
3 Options for Sold Out Workshops:
• I am interested in observing the workshop with the hope that someone is a no show and I can pay the difference and perform in class. Purchase An Observation Ticket!
• I just want to observe class. I am not interested in performing. Purchase An Observation Ticket!
• I do not want to observe. I simply want to join the wait list for full participation. Join the Wait List!