No Audition Required | Ages 9 – Adults | Thursday, April 15 | Cost to Participate 145.00 | Cost to Observe 40.00
Limited to 10 Students! Open to Singers & Non-Singers!
Benton Whitley is a major casting director. Select credits include: HADESTOWN (Broadway, West End, & National Tour), THE LIGHTNING THIEF (Broadway & National Tour), ROCK OF AGES (Broadway), THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 (Broadway), FREAKY FRIDAY (Disney), ZOEY’S EXTRAORDINARY PLAYLIST (NBC), and TINY PRETTY THINGS (Netflix). Some upcoming projects include: SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE, LOVE ACTUALLY LIVE, THE PRINCE OF EGYPT, and AUGUST RUSH.
In addition to casting for Broadway, The West End, National Tours, TV & Film, Benton also casts for many regional theatres including: AMERICAN REPERTORY THEATRE, CARNEGIE HALL, THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL, THE GOODSPEED, THEATREWORKS, AIDA and ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISE LINES.
SINGERS & NON-SINGERS – ACTOR’S CHOICE: Students participating in this class can choose to perform either a 32 bar cut of a musical theatre song with a backing track (many can be found on YouTube) OR a one minute monologue.
Interested in purchasing a professional performance track? Email us your sheet music 24-48 hours in advance of the class, and we will send you a professional performance track for only $25! Purchase here!
Need a monologue? Email us after registering and we will send you one to perform!
Focus of Class:
• Receive individual feedback and coaching on your 32-bar cut OR your monologue from Senior Casting Director, Benton Whitley
• Learn how to interpret a song cut or a monologue
• Learn if your piece is a good choice for you and showcases your unique talent
• Learn how to identify acting beats, conflict, tactics, and your overall objective in your pieces
• Class will conclude with an informative Q&A
Participants will need a computer, smartphone, or tablet with a front-facing camera. You will be sent an access link that can be used via your browser or the free ZOOM app.
This workshop is for educational purposes only and cannot and will not be treated as an audition.
Ages: 9 – Adults
When: Thursday, April 15
Time: 4:30-6:30 PM Eastern
Cost to Participate: 145.00
Cost to Observe: 40.00
** Superstar session – credits and raffles cannot be applied toward this program
3 Options for Sold Out Workshops:
• I am interested in observing the workshop with the hope that someone is a no show and I can pay the difference and perform in class. Purchase An Observation Ticket!
• I just want to observe class. I am not interested in performing. Purchase An Observation Ticket!
• I do not want to observe. I simply want to join the wait list for full participation. Join the Wait List!