Upcoming Events › Virtual On-Camera Masterclasses
Online Sitcom Acting with Disney & Nick Director, Wendy Faraone (SYDNEY TO THE MAX, RAVEN’S HOME, LIV & MADDIE)
No Audition Required | 2 Sessions Split By Age, 8 & Up | Saturday, October 24 | Cost 205.00
Learn the art of comedic on-camera acting featured on both The Disney Channel and Nickelodeon TV from one of the industry’s most in-demand professionals, Wendy Faraone! Wendy is a dynamic and influential director. She is currently directing Disney’s SYDNEY TO THE MAX, RAVEN’S HOME, JUST ROLL WITH IT, BUNK’D, COOP AND CAMI ASK THE WORLD, and she directed WALK THE PRANK, KNIGHT SQUAD, among others! She was also the director of Disney’s #1 family sitcom, LIV AND MADDIE.
Wendy’s workshops are well known for creating an inviting and energetic environment in which students are given the tools necessary to be successful, working actors in the entertainment industry. Impressively, she has recently coached all of the newly scouted talent for Disney Channel’s latest boot camp and showcase!
Focus of Class:
• Learn what it takes to be a successful actor on the set of a Disney and Nick show
• Rehearse Scenes from Hit Shows Wendy has directed
• Receive Coaching and Feedback directly from Wendy Faraone
• Learn how to Land Jokes, Make Turns and Bring out the Funny in the Audition Room and On Set
• Showbiz Q&A with Wendy and Artistic Director of A Class Act NY, Jessica R. Grosman
No Audition Required | Ages 8 - Adults | Sunday, November 8 | Cost 100.00
Receive one-on-one coaching from the comfort of your own home from Artistic Director, Jessica R. Grosman. Before founding A Class Act NY in 2005, Jessica worked in commercial casting in both NYC and CA!
In this workshop, you will learn the art of commercial acting and audition technique!
Learn how to analyze commercial copy and find the acting beats within the copy to make a lasting impression in the audition room!
Class will conclude in a mock audition for a Top Scouting Commercial Talent Agent where students can put their new skills to the test!
Focus of Class:
• How to analyze and break down commercial copy to find the selling points within the text
• Learn how to nail your slate
• Learn how to sell a product without being too over the top
• Work on proper commercial acting and audition technique
• Learn lingo that is specific to commercial auditions and on-camera acting
• Perform a mock audition for a Top Commercial Talent Agent