No Audition Required | Ages: 4 – Mid 20s | Wednesday, October 13 | Cost: 295.00 | Coaching Available Starting at 10.00
Payment Plans Available – please call our office at 212.315.3010 or email us to set up a payment plan today!
It’s often challenging to get in front of Talent Agents and Managers. A Class Act NY’s industry showcases provide aspiring actors the unbelievable opportunity to perform for 10 scouting agents & managers in one evening.
Previous participants are now working professionally! Many are booking television series, films, voice-overs, commercials and Broadway shows. Click here to read about some of our students’ professional progress.
The biggest agencies and management firms in town attend our showcases including CESD, A3 Artists, Stewart Talent, DDO Artists, Zuri, Carson Adler, Carson Kolker, Parkside Management, Sinclair Management and many more.
The fee to participate is 295.00. This includes the chance to perform, and a written feedback form from the talent reps in attendance.
We highly recommend additional coaching to best prepare you for the showcase. Our expert staff knows what will help separate your audition from the rest.
There are two options for additional coaching:
• Group Workshop Setting (Additional 10.00): In a 2-hour session, we’ll begin with an informative tutorial for students (parents are invited to attend!) to review tips on dress, and how to set up your computer for a successful zoom audition. Then, each student will have the chance to run through their material and receive notes from a member of ACANY’s team.
• Private Discounted Lesson (Additional 100.00): In a 50 minute in-depth discounted private coaching session, performers will have the chance to rehearse their pieces with one of ACANY’s Broadway and On-Camera Faculty members. Our coach will run your material with you, offer insightful feedback and instruction, and also offer their expert opinion on how to best prepare for your showcase performance. (One discounted private lesson MAX per performer. Additional sessions are available at our regular rate. Click here to set up an additional private coaching session.)
Below is what you will be expected to perform for the talent reps! You should be off-book (meaning fully memorized) on the night of the showcase!
Ages 4 – 6:
Actors between 4 – 6 years old will only perform a commercial in our showcase. After registration, we will send you a commercial. Parents: the talent reps understand that your child is young. They can tell a lot from a commercial read and how focused your child is during the zoom audition. They will be looking at your child for theatre, film, tv and voice-over representation, and if you are local to NYC (meaning, 2 hours by car or train), they will also be considering your child for commercials and commercial print work. No exceptions: your child MAY NOT sing or perform a monologue in our showcase unless they are turning 7 in the next 2 months.
Ages 7 and Over – Non-Singers:
• If you are seeking legit representation (theatre, film, TV), and you are a non-singer, please perform a one-minute monologue.
Ages 7 and Over – Singers:
• If you are a singer who is looking for legit representation (theatre, film, TV), you must sing a 16-bar cut with a backing track or a cappella (although tracks are preferred), and perform a one-minute monologue.
Actors Seeking Commercial Rep ONLY:
• If you already have legit representation or are only interested in seeking a commercial, voice-over and commercial print agent or manager, please indicate so on your registration form and we will send you a commercial to perform shortly after you register.
All actors must sign on at 7:20 PM Eastern the night of the showcase for a mandatory meeting. You will then be assigned a second call time so you’ll know when it is time for you to perform.
When: Wednesday, October 13
Call Time: 7:20 PM Eastern
Cost for Group Workshop: 10.00
Cost for Discounted Private 50 Minute Coaching: 100.00
• Group Workshop: Saturday, October 9 from 4-6 PM Eastern
• Private 50 Minute Lessons: Scheduled based on instructor and performer availability.