Ages: High School Juniors, Seniors, & Young Adults | No Audition Required | Saturday, September 12 & Sunday, September 13 | 10 AM – 6 PM | Cost: 595.00
Calling junior and senior high school students and young adults with aspirations of attending a top BFA, BM, or BA Musical Theatre College Program!
Do you need guidance on the college admissions process like, how do I go about choosing the right material that showcases me, my vocal range and my unique personality? How do I create a professional and memorable pre-screen video? Do you want to know what college admissions officers are looking for?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, ACANY’s 2 Day Pre-College Audition Intensive is for YOU!
Work all weekend alongside college admissions officers Wayne Petro, Associate Director of Enrollment for the School of Performing Arts at Pace University, and Kevin Kemler, Director of Fine and Performing Arts Admissions at Marymount Manhattan College, to prepare for the showcase with more admissions officers Sunday! This 2-Day College Prep Intensive will leave you confident and ready to take on the daunting task of applying to college musical theatre programs!
Full list of Admissions Officers you will work with TBA soon! (Previous sessions have been attended by reps from Marymount Manhattan College, Pace University, and New York University!)
• Day one will include multiple masterclasses with our College Pro team to get individualized feedback and coaching on your material. We’ll help you develop your existing cuts, make suggestions of new cuts if we think your material is not presenting you in the best light, give you individualized feedback on multiple pieces, and review the do’s and don’ts of college auditions!
• During our first 8 hour day, each student will have the chance to workshop two song cuts, a 16 bar and 32 bar cut, and one 90 second monologue.
• There will also be a seminar covering a variety of topics such as how do I format my resume, how do I choose the right headshot, how do I slate in my pre-screen video and in a live audition, how do I make a stellar homemade self-tape, and how do I effectively communicate with the music director, and navigate interview questions.
• On Day Two, we’ll dive right into workshopping your second monologue.
• Every student will participate in a mock dance call featuring actual choreography from a college musical theatre audition.
• Each student will also get private coaching to determine what song and monologue they will perform at our final showcase.
• To wrap up our college audition prep weekend, performers will have the amazing opportunity to perform in a showcase for 3 admission officers from top BFA programs. The admissions officers will offer feedback and coaching to each student and everyone will leave with an evaluation form.
• The admissions officers will also participate in an informative Q&A for students and their parents!
DISCOUNT ON PRE-SCREEN VIDEOS:
As a bonus, any participant of this intensive will receive a HUGE discount of more than 30% off on a future college pre-screen taping session at A Class Act NY! Then, A Class Act NY’s staff will edit a stunning pre-screen video that will be sure to set you apart from other applicants!
Once you have registered, you may email us to set up your pre-screen taping session. Recording sessions are 1 hour long and can be scheduled Monday-Friday from 9:30 AM-5:30 PM!
When: Saturday, September 12th and Sunday, September 13th
Time: 10 AM-6 PM, both days
Where: Ripley-Grier Studios, 520 8th Ave
Add a Discounted Pre-Screen Taping Session: 145.00 (Normally Valued at 215.00!)