No Audition Required | Ages 4 – Mid 20s | Wednesday, November 15 | Cost 385.00
Payment Plans Available at Checkout! Or, if you need a custom plan, email us or call (212) 315-3010.
Perform In-Studio OR Via Zoom!
It’s often challenging to get in front of Talent Agents and Managers. A Class Act NY’s industry showcases provide aspiring actors the unbelievable opportunity to perform for 20 scouting agents & managers in one evening.
Previous participants are now working professionally! Many are booking television series, films, voice-overs, commercials and Broadway shows. Click here to read about some of our students’ professional progress.
The biggest agencies and management firms in town attend our showcases including CESD, Stewart Talent, DDO Artists, Zuri, Carson Kolker, Parkside Management, Avalon Artists, Calli & Co. Entertainment and many more.
The Showcase Includes:
• The chance to perform in the audition room for 20 Scouting Agents & Managers either In-Person or via Zoom
• A 50-minute virtual coaching session with:
• Non-Singers: A Broadway/TV/Film Coach
• Singers: A Broadway/TV/Film Coach and a Broadway Music Director
** An in-person coaching is available for an additional $125 fee.
The coaches run your material with you, offer insightful feedback and instruction, and also offer their expert opinion on how to best prepare for your showcase performance.
Below is what you will be expected to perform for the talent reps! You should be off-book (meaning fully memorized) for your coaching and on the night of the showcase!
• Actors between 4 – 6 years old will perform a commercial. After registration, we will send you a commercial. Parents: the talent reps understand that your child is young. They can tell a lot from a commercial read and how focused your child is during the audition. They will be looking at your child for theatre, film, TV, and voice-over representation, and if you are local to NYC (meaning, 2 hours by car or train), they will also be considering your child for commercials and commercial print work. No exceptions: your child MAY NOT sing or perform a monologue in our showcase unless they are turning 7 in the next 2 months.
Ages 7 and Over – Non-Singers:
• If you are seeking legit representation (theatre, film, TV), and you are a non-singer, you will perform a one-minute monologue. You are responsible for bringing in your own monologue. If you need help finding a monologue, please sign up for a monologue research lesson (This is at an additional cost).
Ages 7 and Over – Singers:
• If you are a singer who is looking for legit representation (theatre, film, TV), you will sing a 16-bar cut, and perform a one-minute monologue. If you need help finding a monologue, please sign up for a monologue research lesson (This is at an additional cost). If you need help finding a 16-bar cut, please sign up for a vocal coaching session (Also at an additional cost). If you are zooming in, you must perform with a track.
Actors Seeking Voice-Over & Commercial Rep ONLY:
• If you already have legit representation or are only interested in seeking a voice-over, commercial and commercial print agent or manager, please indicate so on your registration form, and you will be assigned a voice-over commercial at your coaching session.
All actors must check in by 5:30 PM ET the night of the showcase for a warm-up and important announcements.
Monologues MUST be from a contemporary published play. Not from a monologue book, musical or film or tv series. If you need help finding a monologue, please contact the office and set up a monologue research lesson.
All performers must provide a digital version of their headshot and resume in advance. More details will be sent via email after registration.
When: Wednesday, November 15
Call Time: 5:30 PM ET
Virtual/In-Person Private 50 Minute Lessons: Scheduled based on instructor and performer availability.
Where: Ripley-Grier Studios – 520 8th Ave OR Via Zoom