No Audition Required | Ages 8-19 (Grouped by age) | Monday, June 22 – Friday, June 26 | 9:30 AM – 12:45 PM ET | Cost 645.00
1 SPOT JUST OPENED FOR AGES 11-19!
Zoom Classrooms Limited to 12 Students!
Payment Plans Available – please call our office at 212.315.3010 or email us to set up a payment plan today!
Hone your musical theatre chops in a fun, safe and supportive environment in our interactive online program with amazing Broadway faculty!
Camps meet online for 3 hours and 15 minutes daily. Private lessons and a final showcase are included in our award-winning Camps!
Campers will have the chance to strengthen their singing, dancing, and acting skills through private and group instruction!
We will be utilizing the Zoom app for our online camps, just as we have been doing with our online classes since early March! Exciting Zoom features like break-out rooms make it possible for campers to work opposite one another! Even though we cannot be in person, we have found that our students still make friends, learn a ton about the art of Broadway, and have a sense of community that is really important during this unprecedented time!
Daily Dance + Warm-Up
Each camp day will begin with an energizing and educational vocal and physical warm-up with our Broadway Director.
During the week, campers will receive a free 45 minute one-on-one session with their Broadway Director to supplement what they’ve learned during the week, and a free 15 minute dance private with a professional choreographer. Lessons will take place outside of normal camp hours.
Campers will take educational workshops led by their Broadway Director and Special Guest Instructors throughout the week!
Weekly Schedule of Workshops
Monday: Musical Theatre Scene Study
• Work on scenes from some of Broadway’s most beloved musicals! Actors will work together to dissect scenes beat by beat, and learn what it takes to give a compelling performance. Actors will be paired up and assigned to a Zoom Breakout Room where they will work on their scene independently and the instructor will check in to provide individualized coaching.
Tuesday: Nailing the Cold Read
• Learn how to quickly pick up text with no time to prepare, break down the script and bring your best self to the audition room despite your lack of time with the material. Actors are often asked to read cold in both amateur or professional auditions, so it’s imperative you sharpen your cold read skills!
Wednesday: Acting Through Song and Proper Vocal Technique
• We’ll work on song interpretation and presentation, and learn about proper vocal technique! Campers will be sent a few song options prior to camp and can choose a song to present in this workshop. Campers are also welcome to present their own 16 bar song cut (either a cappella or with a backing track). Not interested in singing solo for the group? Do not fret! You can elect to work on your solo during your private lesson!
Thursday: Stage Combat
• Learn how to throw a punch that will only look like it hurts! Want to know how to handle a sword like Robin Hood, Inigo Montoya, or Captain Jack Sparrow? Learn proper sword positions and basic fight knowledge with a professional Broadway stage combat instructor will show you how it’s done!
Friday: Final Showcase Prep & Performance
• Review what you have learned during the week and get ready to present it live for family and friends!
Broadway Star Q&A:
Each week we’ll invite one of Broadway’s biggest stars to zoom in for an informative Q&A! Ask them everything you’ve ever wanted to know about starring on Broadway, or the business of show business!
In addition to our live online classes, campers will be provided with educational videos, lessons from ACANY’s archive, helpful articles and more to explore independently after camp hours.
On the last day of the program, campers will perform in an online final showcase for family and friends! Zoom in to watch performers present what they have learned throughout the week! (If your loved ones can’t make it live, a recorded version will be distributed via email a few weeks after camp!)
Participants will need a computer, smartphone, or tablet with a front facing camera, and you must download the free ZOOM app to participate!
NEW MATERIAL WEEKLY! JOIN US FOR MULTIPLE WEEKS!
EVERY WEEK INCLUDES NEW WORKSHOPS, NEW SCENES, NEW SONGS, AND NEW DANCE COMBOS!
Payment Plans Available – please call our office at 212.315.3010 or email here to set up a payment plan today!
1 SPOT JUST OPENED FOR AGES 11-19!
Ages: 8-19 (Grouped by age)
When: Monday, June 22 – Friday, June 26
Time: 9:30 AM – 12:45 PM ET
(Private lessons will be scheduled based on student and instructor availability after time of registration. Please note: late registrants will have less time options to choose from. Privates will happen outside of normal camp hours)
Tuition includes a free digital download of our final showcase and two private lessons.