Learn how to create living, breathing characters for cartoons, animated feature films, commercials, and radio spots in a professional recording studio! A Class Act NY’s voice-over workshops are taught by top VO actors, VO agents and Casting Directors!
Upcoming Events › Voice-Over Workshops
Audition Date: Monday, March 9
Where: A Class Act NY, 200 W 60th St in #28-E
Time: 3:30 PM-7:30 PM
For Students Interested in Participating in the Following Programs:
Audition Guidelines Click Here!
No Audition Required | Ages 7-18 | Wednesday, April 1 | Cost 60.00
Receive one-on-one coaching from the comfort of your own home from Artistic Director, Jessica R. Grosman. Before founding A Class Act NY in 2005, Jessica worked in commercial casting in both NYC and CA!
In this 2 hour workshop, you will learn the art of commercial acting and audition technique!
Learn how to analyze commercial copy and find the acting beats within the copy to make a lasting impression in the audition room and on advertising execs!
Focus of Class:
• How to analyze and break down commercial copy to find the selling points within the text
• Learn how to nail your slate
• Learn how to sell a product without being too over the top
• Proper commercial acting and audition technique
• Learn lingo that is specific to commercial auditions and on-camera acting
At the end of the class, we’ll have a short Q&A for parents and students (time permitting).
Stephanie Hedges is a renowned headshot photographer whose philosophy is to create a relaxed, successful atmosphere that allows her to capture the personality of aspiring young actors!
Outdoor Mini-Sessions for 155.00.
Booking for this special discount is only available through A Class Act NY registration!
No Audition Required | Ages 8-18 | Saturday, May 2 | Cost 195.00
Work on voice-over material in a professional recording studio with Top Voice-Over Actor, Sean Patrick Doyle (BOXTROLLS, BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD, and RUBY TUESDAY'S), and Marcelle Dabbah, the head of Children’s Voice-Over and Commercial at Abrams Artists, a top bi-coastal agency!
Voice-over acting is unlike any other type of acting and requires an actor to make bold, gutsy choices that are original, specific, and outside of the box!
Train with two top Voice-Over Industry Pros on proper VO acting and audition technique!
Perform a mock audition for a top scouting Talent Agent from ABRAMS ARTISTS!
Learn how to create living, breathing characters for cartoons and animated feature films, commercials, and radio spots!
All students will receive an MP3 of their work after class!
No Audition Required | Ages 7-20s (Divided into rooms by age) | Saturday, July 25 | Cost for 1 Session: 195.00 | Cost for 2 Sessions: 290.00
Lucky participants have the amazing opportunity to work with either 2 or 4 Top Scouting Talent Agents in either a 1/2 day workshop or a full day 6.5 hour workshop!
The agents represent kids, teens and young adults for theatre, film, TV, commercials and voice-over!
3 Hour AM Workshop - Film & TV with 2 Top Agents
• Mock television and film auditions
• The Agents will offer guidance, feedback and coaching on both individual and chemistry read mock auditions (scenes will be sent a few days in advance as they would in a real audition scenario)
3 Hour PM Workshop - Musical Theatre OR Monologue Performance with 2 Top Agents
• Perform either a 16-bar cut or a one-minute monologue. A music director will be provided for singers. Pre-approved monologues will be sent in advance for non-singers.
• Actors will receive one-on-one coaching on their presentation, interpretation and audition technique.
Learn how to snag an Agent and how to nail auditions!
Agents TBA Soon!
Register for Both Sessions and SAVE!