No Audition Required | Ages 10-20s | Thursdays, November 5 – December 3 | 4-6 PM ET | Cost 675.00
Payment Plans Available – please call our office at 212.315.3010 or email us to set up a payment plan today!
Learn how to access and train your instincts to command the moment, and live the life of your character underneath the words. Discover the space where a character and an actor’s own personality meet. Learn techniques that reduce natural distractions that hinder spontaneity.
Each week, participants will explore a set of values that, when present in an actor of any age, can help create a structure for distinctive acting to occur. The nature of actors’ work springs from their unique instincts and memories. The work done in the Zoom Lab will playfully explore getting beyond “good” acting. We will discover how actors’ instincts emerge and can be exercised in their work, and how this can inspire what contributes to “great” acting.
Joey Paul Jensen adds the point of view of a casting director and producer. She will work in collaboration with Top L.A. Talent Manager to the Stars, Mitchell Gossett to add more perspective to your creative process.
Focus of Class:
• Learn and explore Mitchell and Joey’s approach to Great Acting
• Learn techniques that help spontaneity flourish and develop more sensory awareness of your choices
• Build perspective on your work from the casting point of view
• Discover how your commitment to the work leaves a lasting impression
• Ease performance anxiety in front of a camera or audience into “ no big deal”
• Get out of your head and into your body through monologue work, scene work, exercises and presentation
• Conquer physicality and movement concerns in self-tape auditions
• Both Mitchell Gossett and Joey Paul Jensen will provide career guidance and advice
Week by Week Breakdown:
• Week One: Students will get to know their instructors: LA Talent Manager, Mitchell Gossett and Award-Winning Casting Director, Joey Paul Jensen! Students will perform monologues sent in advance for Joey and Mitchell.
• Week Two: Joey Paul Jensen will conduct mock cold read auditions.
• Week Three: Continue to work on your monologues from week one with Mitchell Gossett.
• Week Four: After a final lesson with Mitchell and Joey, students will perform their monologues for family, friends, and additional industry guests. Class will conclude in a Q&A with Mitchell Gossett and Joey Paul Jensen.
Parent and Student Q&A:
The final class will conclude with a Q&A with both industry guests for parents and students. Learn about the Los Angeles and New York markets by someone who ran the Theatrical Departments at a major NY & LA Talent Agency. Receive direction & feedback from one of the Industry’s most distinctive Talent Scouts of the last 20 years.
Final Performance with Talent Reps:
Together, we will work towards an online final performance in which family, friends, and a few of Mitchell and Joey’s industry friends will Zoom in to see you perform!
Meet Top LA Talent Manager, Mitchell Gossett
Throughout his career as a manager and agent, Mitchell has repped, discovered and developed many noteworthy actors, including Jennifer Lawrence, Rachel Brosnahan, Darren Criss, Zendaya, Kristen Bell, Dylan Minnette, Kiernan Shipka, Miley Cyrus, Lucy Hale and many, many others.
Mitchell is a passionate teacher, informed by his own rich theatrical background. He creates an active, creative and safe space for actors to explore their instincts and develop their craft.
Mitchell is known for running renowned scouting operations! He continues to discover the next generation of artists. Mitchell is always looking for fresh faces!
Meet Award-Winning LA Casting Director, Joey Paul Jensen
Joey Paul Jensen, CSA is an award-winning casting director, producer, and show business mentor. She has been a driving force working with talent in Hollywood for over 20 years. Joey co-produced and cast the Sony release of “Soul Surfer” starring Dennis Quaid, Helen Hunt, AnnaSophia Robb, and the feature film debut of Carrie Underwood. JP Casting is a full service casting company with over 50 feature film credits and more than 500 hours of episodic television. Joey received the prestigious Artios Award for Casting “That’s So Raven” along with 12 other nominations. Most recently she was nominated for the Artios Award in Casting for “Soul Surfer.”
Participants will need a computer, smartphone, or tablet with a front facing camera, and you must download the free Zoom app to participate!
When: Thursdays, November 5, 12, 19; December 3 (No Class on November 26 in observance of the Thanksgiving Holiday)
Time: 4-6 PM ET
** Superstar session – credits and raffles cannot be applied toward this program.