No Audition Required | Ages 8 – Adults | Sunday, November 8 | Cost 100.00
In this workshop, you will learn the art of commercial acting and audition technique from A Class Act NY’s Artistic Director, Jessica R. Grosman. Before founding A Class Act NY in 2005, Jessica worked in commercial casting in both NYC and California!
Commercial acting is harder than it looks and is very different from other genres of acting like Stage, Film or TV acting.
Learn how to analyze commercial copy and find the acting beats within the text to make a lasting impression in the audition room!
Class will conclude in a mock audition for a top scouting Commercial Talent Agent!
Focus of Class:
• How to analyze and break down commercial copy to find the selling points within the text
• Learn how to nail your slate
• Learn how to sell a product without being too over the top
• Work on proper commercial acting and audition technique
• Learn lingo that is specific to commercial auditions and on-camera acting
• Perform a mock audition for a Top Commercial Talent Agent
Materials will be distributed via email 2 days before class, and students will be expected to have it accessible during the class.
Participants will need a computer, smartphone, or tablet with a front facing camera, and you mustdownload the free ZOOM app to participate!
Ages: 8 – Adults
When: Sunday, November 8
Time: 3-5 PM ET