No Audition Required | Ages 14 – Adults | Saturday, February 11 & Sunday, February 12 | 11 AM – 6 PM | Cost 595.00
Payment Plans Available – please call our office at 212.315.3010 or email us to set up a payment plan today!
Instructors: Broadway Casting Director, Chad Eric Murnane, a Broadway MD & 3 Scouting Talent Reps
Calling teens and adults with professional aspirations!
Hone your audition technique with a top Broadway Casting Director, MD and have the chance to perform for a panel of scouting Agents & Managers on the last day!
Do you need guidance on the audition process like, how do I go about choosing the right material that showcases me, my vocal range and my unique personality? How do I create professional and memorable self-tapes? Do you want to know what casting directors are looking for in the audition room?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, ACANY’s 2-Day Audition Intensive is for YOU!
Work all weekend alongside Chad Eric Murnane, Senior Casting Director at Binder Casting. Career highlights include INTO THE WOODS (Hollywood Bowl); EMOJILAND (off-Broadway at The Duke); ANNE OF GREEN GABLES (Goodspeed); National Tours of MY FAIR LADY, THE SOUND OF MUSIC, TOOTSIE, ESCAPE TO MARGARITAVILLE, and the Tony-Award- winning revival of THE COLOR PURPLE; Neil LaBute’s FULL CIRCLE (DirectTV); TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS, and the reboot of FRIDAY THE 13TH (Paramount).
• Day One will include multiple masterclasses with Chad and our MD! Get individualized feedback and coaching on your material. We’ll help you develop your existing cuts, make suggestions of new cuts if we think your material is not presenting you in the best light, give you individualized feedback on multiple pieces, and review the do’s and don’ts of auditions!
• Students will have the chance to workshop two song cuts, a 16-bar and 32-bar cut, and one 60 second monologue.
• There will also be a seminar covering a variety of topics such as how do I format my resume, how should I dress for auditions, how do I choose the right headshot, how do I slate in my self-tapes and in a live audition, how do I make a stellar homemade self-tape, and how do I effectively communicate with the music director.
• On Day Two, we’ll dive right into workshopping your material again.
• Students will participate in a mock dance call featuring actual choreography from a Broadway musical theatre audition.
• Students have a private coaching to determine what song they will perform at our final showcase for the scouting Talent Reps!
• To wrap up our audition prep weekend, performers will have the amazing opportunity to perform in a showcase for 3 Talent Agents & Managers. The Talent Reps will offer feedback and coaching to each student and everyone will leave with an evaluation form.
• Participate in an informative Q&A w/ the Talent Reps for students and for parents of minor students!
Ages: 14 – Adults
When: Saturday, February 11 and Sunday, February 12
Time: 11 AM – 6 PM
Where: Ripley-Grier Studios – 520 8th Ave., NYC