No Audition Required | Ages 9-20s (2 Classrooms Split by Age) | Sundays, April 18 – June 13 from 4 PM – 6 PM ET | Cost 775.00
ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT IN RJ BROWN’S JUNIOR SESSION (AGES 9-14)!
CHRISTOPHER FITZGERALD’S SENIOR SESSION (AGES 12-20s) SOLD OUT! CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WAITLIST!
Limited to 12 Students per classroom!
Payment Plans Available – please call our office at 212.315.3010 or email here to set up a payment plan today!
Junior Session Instructor: TV Actor, RJ Brown (13 REASONS WHY, CHICAGO PD, BLUE BLOODS)
Senior Session Instructor: Prominent TV/Film Actor & 3x Tony Nominee, Christopher Fitzgerald (Syfy/NBCUniversal series HAPPY!, THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, BLINDSPOT)
Build a strong acting foundation in our 8-week scene study class.
Become a more versatile actor by working on material from three very different acting genres: film, television, and straight plays.
Students will learn about and utilize acting techniques developed by renowned teachers such as Meisner, Stanislavski, Adler, and Hagen. These are some of the most influential, widely-used acting techniques that renowned stage and screen actors employ to get realistic, emotional and natural performances.
This program is excellent for aspiring professional actors who are seeking representation, as well as those actors looking to deepen their performance skills in a fun, safe and supportive environment.
Many of our students have met their talent reps at our programs and have gone on to have illustrious careers! Check out our Student Achievements Page for an abbreviated list of recent student bookings.
Focus of Class:
• Begin to utilize specific techniques such as Meisner and Method
• Learn how to identify operative words, objectives, conflict, tactics and acting beats within the text
• Work on character development and physicality
• Learn how to be a present and generous scene partner
Week by Week Breakdown:
• Week One: Each student presents a monologue so we can get to know each other. This will ensure that we are able to assign every actor a scene partner and material that will provide an appropriate challenge based on their skill level
• Weeks Two & Three: Scenes from TV Shows
• Weeks Four & Five: Scenes from Films
• Weeks Six & Seven: Scenes from Straight Plays
• Week Eight: Showcase for Loved Ones & 10 Scouting Talent Reps
We’ll create a showcase to reflect the strengths of our select group, with each student presenting 2 scenes they worked on throughout the semester.
Participants will need a computer, smartphone, or tablet with a front facing camera, and you must download the free ZOOM app to participate!
Age: 9-20’s (2 Classrooms Split by Age)
When: Sundays, April 18, 25; May 2, 9, 16, 23; June 6, 13** Final Showcase (No Class May 30)
Time: 4-6 PM EST