No Audition Required | Ages 8-Up | Session 1: September 18 – October 30 | Session 2: October 30 – December 18 | Cost for 6-Weeks: 625.00 | Pro-rating available!
Can’t make every week? Pro-rating available! Inquire here!
Payment Plans Available – please call our office at 212.315.3010 or email here to set up a payment plan today!
Choreographer & Dance Instructor: Austin Marquez
Back by popular demand!
Join us for our Online Dance Call experience Class, for actors and singers who want to improve their dance skills in a safe and supportive environment!
• Do you go to a dance audition, otherwise known as a dance call, and start to panic?
• Do you describe yourself as a strong singer or actor who can “move?”
• Do you often find yourself cut after the dance call, even though you’ve aced the rest of the audition?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions- then this class is for YOU!
Every Friday, students will be sent a video lesson from Austin, focusing on a different musical theatre dance genre. Austin will present a new combination for each of the six sessions. The class will not only cover choreography, but students will learn terminology and technique specific to each style.
Once you watch the weekly video, you have the weekend to film yourself performing that week’s choreography and submit it to us using Google Drive by Monday. Then we’ll schedule a roughly 15 min ZOOM meeting between Austin & you based on your schedules where he will provide individual feedback on your performance. He’ll also be able to break down difficult steps with you via video and watch you perform and offer guidance and feedback.
NEW COMBOS FOR RETURNING STUDENTS! Continue to hone your dance skills and join us for all weeks!
WEEK ONE: Golden Age Musical Theatre
• Show Examples: WEST SIDE STORY, GUYS & DOLLS, BYE BYE BIRDIE
• Learn How to Do: Pas de bourres, chasses, jazz squares, jive steps, grapevines
WEEK TWO: Tap – Soft Shoe (no tap shoes required)
• Show Examples: 42ND STREET, NEWSIES, THE MUSIC MAN
• Learn How to Do: flap steps, shuffles, paradiddles, time steps, buffalos
WEEK THREE: Fosse
• Show Examples: CHICAGO, PIPPIN, SWEET CHARITY
• Learn How to Do: Fosse port de bras, specific movements and style
WEEK FOUR: Hip Hop
• Show Examples: IN THE HEIGHTS, HAMILTON, MATILDA
• Learn How to Do: Different footwork and progressions used in hip hop for musical theatre
WEEKS FIVE & SIX: Contemporary Jazz
• Show Examples: MAMMA MIA!, A CHORUS LINE, WICKED, CATS, LEGALLY BLONDE, MOULIN ROUGE
• Learn How to Do: Battements, pirouettes, leaps and turns, specific jazz technique needed in dance calls
Get the tools you need to succeed in a dance audition!
Participants will need a computer, smartphone, or tablet with a front facing camera. You will be sent an access link that can be used via your browser or the free ZOOM app.
Ages: 8 & Up
Session 1 Dates: Videos will be sent Fridays, September 18, 25; October 2, 9, 16, 23. All private lessons will conclude by October 30.
Session 2 Dates: Videos will be sent Fridays, October 30; November 6, 13, 20; December 4, 11. All private lessons will conclude by December 18.
Cost for 6-Weeks: 625.00