All Ages | No Audition Required | Saturdays, April 17 – May 22 | 11 AM – 12 PM EST | Cost: 625.00
Payment Plans Available – please call our office at 212.315.3010 or email here to set up a payment plan today!
Broadway Dance Instructor: Natalie Wisdom
This class is for anyone who wants to improve their dance skills in a safe and supportive environment!
Each week, we’ll meet as a group and learn a new dance combination from a different era in musical theatre history!
The weekly dance class will also cover dance terminology and technique specific to each style.
HUGE BONUS: In addition to our group dance class, students will also have a private lesson to review choreography one on one with Natalie. She will break down difficult steps with you via Zoom, watch you perform live, and offer guidance and feedback.
You will also be expected to film that week’s combination prior to your private lesson with Natalie so she can utilize video playback in your private lesson.
WEEK ONE: LET’S DANCE
• Exploring the origins of musical theatre dance–taking it back to Vaudeville, Variety, Minstrel and Burlesque shows. We’ll learn moves like: the Charleston, Swing, and Classical American Dance.
WEEK TWO: THE GOLDEN AGE
• These musicals changed the game, and made Musical Theatre what it is today. We’ll explore dance styles from classic musicals that have stood the test of time.
WEEK THREE: FOSSE
• Bob Fosse changed musical theatre dance forever. His choreography and technique is one of the most distinct in all of musical theatre history.
WEEK FOUR: FROM THE STREETS TO THE STAGE
• Hip Hop has quickly become one of the most popular forms of dance on Broadway. We’ll learn the fundamentals of hip hop and how it translates to the stage.
WEEK FIVE: BROADWAY TODAY
• We’ll dive into contemporary jazz technique and contemporary musical theatre dance. You’ll learn choreography recently seen on the Broadway stage.
WEEK SIX: DANCING ON SCREEN
• Movie Musicals have become more and more popular. Dancing on screen can look different than dancing on stage. During our final week, we’ll explore commercial musical theatre dance so you’re ready for your on-screen debut!
Get the tools you need to feel more confident as a dancer, and gain the tools you need to succeed in a dance audition!
Ages: All Ages
When: Saturdays, April 17, 24; May 1, 8, 15, 22
Time: 11 AM – 12 PM EST
15 minute private lessons will be scheduled based on student and instructor availability after registration