By Audition or Invite Only | Ages 12-20s | Sundays, January 22 – May 21 | 11 AM – 1 PM | Cost: 895.00
Payment Plans and Virtual Make-Up Class Available – please call our office at 212.315.3010 or email here to set up a plan today!
From Stanislavski > Strasberg > Adler > Hagen
Already on ACANY’s Advanced Student List? Request your invitation now!
Instructor: Professional Actor TBA Soon!
Students will learn the techniques developed by four masters of acting: Constantin Stanislavski, Lee Strasberg, Stella Adler, and Uta Hagen.
Respected stars who employed these techniques include legends such as Meryl Streep, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Michelle Williams, Mark Ruffalo, Jessica Chastain, Daniel Day Lewis, and many others too numerous to mention here.
Students will utilize these techniques in performances and mock auditions, and determine which guru’s style works best for them.
This class is perfect for the actor looking to delve deeper into their work and take their acting to the next level.
With this year’s Spring schedule being so disjointed due to holidays and school closings, we will break the class into consecutive segments focusing on each master.
*Can’t make every class? Not to worry, we will be offering a virtual make-up class!
Through scene-work and exercises students will learn the core principles of these distinguished instructors:
• Weeks 1-3: Stanislavski: The father of the naturalistic theatre movement. His approach incorporates spiritual realism, emotional memory, dramatic and self-analysis and disciplined practice.
• Weeks 4-7: Strasberg: Inspired by Stanislavski, he encourages actors to deepen their connection to the work by creating the character’s emotional experiences in their own life.
• Weeks 8-9: Adler: The only American actor who studied with Stanislavski. Unlike Strasberg, her technique emphasizes imagination as well as emotional recall.
• Weeks 10-11: Hagen: This master was a Tony Award-Winning actress and best selling author, and she is well known for her specific approach to acting. She emphasizes realism and truth above all else, and encourages actors to substitute their own experiences for the given circumstances of the scene.
• Week 12: The Final Showcase for Loved Ones & Talent Reps: Present scenes for loved ones and a few scouting Talent Reps.
Ages: 12-20s (Email us for an age exception)
When: Sundays, January 22; February 5, 12; March 5, 12, 19, 26; April 23, 30; May 7, 14, 21**Final Showcase (No Class Jan. 29; Feb. 19, 26; April 2, 9, 16)
Time:11 AM – 1 PM ET
Where: NYC Studio Location TBA Soon!