All Skill Levels | Ages 10-18 (grouped by age) | Monday-Friday, June 25 – 29, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Have you ever wanted to know what it’s like to work on a real TV series? Now’s your chance! In our new on-camera summer program, actors will experience every aspect of television acting from the audition to rehearsals to the live taping with Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, HBO and TVLand Director Shannon Flynn!
Brief Schedule for the Week:
Day One: The Audition
• Before attending their big audition at the end of the day, students will learn the tools necessary to have a great sitcom audition!
Day Two: You BOOKED it!
• Learn what to prepare and what to expect on your first day on set. Participate in a professional table read with your new scene partner!
Day Three: Rehearsal Day
• Learn about blue and pink pages, blocking, & who is who on set.
Day Four: Pre-shoot Day
• Learn how to handle last minute changes. Watch your rehearsal on playback and receive feedback!
Day Five: Live Audience Shoot Day!
• Actors will perform their scenes for a live audience of loved ones while the camera is rolling! In addition to performing scenes, campers will also play script supervisors, wardrobe, network, 1st AD, 2nd AD, production assistants and more while fellow actors are performing their scenes for the camera and the live audience!
Each Day: Workshops with Guest Instructors!
• In addition to working with Shannon, guest instructors will come in and out and work on improvisation and other on-camera skills with campers throughout the week.
All of the scenes used for this class will be pulled from actual sitcoms!
Shannon Flynn is an accomplished, energetic and thriving film, television and digital director. She has directed more than 100 episodes for various networks including Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, HBO and TVLand. Shannon’s impressive list of directing credits include Disney Channel’s Liv and Maddie, Hannah Montana, Austin & Ally, Jessie, Raven’s Home, Best Friends Whenever, Sonny with a Chance, Bunk’d; Nickelodeon’s Mutt & Stuff, Bella and the Bulldogs, Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn, Instant Mom and HULU/Awesomeness TV’s Betch Sketch. Other directing credits include the short films Drive, Whitewash and Scary Dark House. In addition, she has directed industrial videos for PepsiCo, commercials for Banana Boat and is the creator/producer of the single camera digital series, Voodoo Skidoo.
Shannon began her career mentored by director Lee Shallat Chemel on such hit series Gilmore Girls, Bernie Mac and Arrested Development.
After founding the award-winning theatre company The Hunger Artists (serving as Artistic Director), Shannon attended graduate school and received her MFA in Directing from the prestigious Yale School of Drama.