Ages 12-19 | Sundays, January 27 – April 7 | 11 AM – 1 PM | Cost: 895.00
You can be in this class AND our Off-Broadway Production, THE ADDAMS FAMILY. Call time for THE ADDAMS FAMILY is later in the day.
Payment Plans Available – please call our office at 212.315.3010 or email here to set up a payment plan today!
Instructor: Broadway Actor, Lauren “Coco” Cohn (MAMMA MIA!)
This is an advanced program. Students must have taken acting classes at a reputable institution in the past, attend professional auditions, and/ or have representation.
Focus of Class:
• Students will learn about and utilize techniques developed by masters of acting such as Sanford Meisner, Constantin Stanislavski, Stella Adler, Uta Hagen, Viola Spolin, Ann Bogart and more. These are some of the most influential, widely-used acting techniques that renowned stage and screen actors employ to get realistic, emotional and natural performances.
• Through monologue, scene work and exercises, students will work individually and in pairs. The exercises are specifically designed to teach the core principles of these distinguished instructors.
• Students will be able to directly apply these techniques to any medium they work in, whether on stage or on-camera.
• Students will also learn to utilize these techniques in performances as well as in auditions.
• Learn how to be a present and generous scene partner.
• This class is perfect for the actor looking to delve deeper into their work and take their acting to the next level.
Final Showcase: Actors will present their scene work to loved ones and scouting Talent Reps.
Video Audition Instructions:
Prepare this monologue from Lost In Yonkers OR a monologue of your choosing.
How to Submit Your Audition:
Please see Self-Tape Guidelines for instructions.
When: Sundays, January 27; February 3, 10; March 3, 10, 17, 24, 31; April 7** Final Showcase
Time: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Where: Pearl Studios (500 8th Ave., NYC)
Make-Up Class: Can’t make all 9 classes? Not to worry, we will be offering a make-up class!